Friday, February 5, 2010

In the market for a finish nailer but what size nail is suggested?

I have always designed furniture as a hobby on paper and gave my designs to friends to have them make it for me. Well this new design I want to build myself (we will see how this goes). I'm in the market for a new finish nailer and haven decided on what size nail I should be using for a mdf board coffee table. So any of you out there that are carpenters let me know should I go with a 2 1/2, 2';, 1 1/4'; let me know.In the market for a finish nailer but what size nail is suggested?
18 ga nails are much easier to find for restocking than 16 ga. 1 1/4-1 1/2 will be just fine. Also, the 18 ga will leave a smaller hole to fill. The gun should hold a variety of sizes anyway. We just bought a rigid at home depot for right around $100 or under. It works just fine and holds anything from 1'; for attaching cabinet backs to 2'; for making sure to hit a stud while mounting crown.In the market for a finish nailer but what size nail is suggested?
Most nailers will shoot a variety of sizes. Mine for example shoots from 1 inch to 2 1/4.I ve used a senco for years and have had good luck w/ it. Some guys swear by the portability ( no compressor needed) of the Pasload which run off a CO2 cartridge and battery. They work well too so you ll have to decide whats best on that part for you .. GL
why dont you go and ask your friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment