Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What size finishing nails do I use to attach 5/8 quarter round to the wood baseboards?

Do you have any suggestions to help me with this? I'm having trouble. I think my nails might be too big. They keep bending. I'm making a mess.What size finishing nails do I use to attach 5/8 quarter round to the wood baseboards?
If they're bending, that doesn't necessarily mean they're too long. They might just be an inexpensive nail, which sometimes means they aren't as strong. Anyway, a finishing nail for 5/8 inch round doesn't have to be too long. You should probably used those that are about 1 and 1/4 inch to 1 and 1/2 inch in length. Also, If you turn the nail upside down and place it on a strong surface like concrete or wood, and then blunt the pointed end slightly with the hammer, they won't split the wood as easily.





good luckWhat size finishing nails do I use to attach 5/8 quarter round to the wood baseboards?
1 and 1/2 finishing nails and use the airgun, make your life easier
11/4 long and if possible pre-drill your holes to held keep trim from cracking and splitting while your installing it unless you have a nail gun for shooting finishing nials
A number 3 finish nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment