Sunday, February 7, 2010

Size screws and nails needed?

I have a black TV Cart bought form Walmart about a year ago, had been in storage for a few months and I now need to put it back together. However the screws and nails have been misplaced, lost, etc.





I'm going to go to the hardware store for replacements, but not sure what size screws and nails are needed.





Any info is appreciated. Thanks.





TV Cart


http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d鈥?/a>Size screws and nails needed?
TRUE VALUE HARDWARE carries a lot of odd fastening devices. I seem to recall the kind used in these types of cabinets is camlock barrel and I can't remember the name of the screw in posts or studs they lock on to. Anyway if you get desprate just put it together with black #8 drywall screws 1 1/2'; to 2'; long. Predrill everything though with pilot holes because this partical board material splits apart easy and countersink where the screwhead seats slightly so it sit flush without a lot of excess torque.Size screws and nails needed?
These carts from wall mart usually does not have common screws for them..They have prongs that insert into the predrilled holse and then on the other end have round inserts that fit into thier holes..when you insert the prongs into the other insert, you turn the inserts with a screw driver that cinches and locks down the prongs into place..I do not know the actual name of them but if you simply go to walmart and ask for someone that actually assembles the floor models they have for show..they can direct you to what they are..I will post this then try to find them for you with a picture..
Canadian Tire
I could tell you if I was there. I'm not. Walmart.com should offer a complete parts list if you ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment