Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I am leaking gasoline from the pipe that goes to the tank. it is a small nail size. How do I fix it.?

Only leaks when it is parked,not running.I am leaking gasoline from the pipe that goes to the tank. it is a small nail size. How do I fix it.?
They make a product for exactly this purpose. It is a 2 part putty that you mix up with your fingers that sticks to the pipe and is gas proof. You should be able to get it at most auto parts stores. Good Luck!I am leaking gasoline from the pipe that goes to the tank. it is a small nail size. How do I fix it.?
replace the line is the best way.
http://www.permatex.com/products/automot鈥?/a>
replace it, patched lines cannot pass state inspection, and most things you can patch the hole with will be eaten by gasoline.
JB Weld, they make a product suited for this called waterweld or marineweld.
tape?..there is little pressure. otherwise replace the tube with a new one. the cost is low..the difficulty is high unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment